WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Dive Master course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to Dive Masters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a Dive Master, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Dive Master course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Dive Master, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Dive Masters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organisation in the world – PADI.
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enrol in the PADI Dive Master course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply – ask your PADI Instructor.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The PADI Dive Master course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organise and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Dive Master
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Dive master conducted programs and specialised skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organising a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Your instructor may also offer the Padi Deep Diver and Search and Recovery speciality diver courses along with your Dive Master training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- PADI Dive Master certification and membership fees, payable to PADI
- You will need your own full set of diving equipment
- Instructor manual Dive Master Crew Pack
- eRDP-ML and RDP Tables
- Transport to dive sites.
- PADI diver’s medical signed by a physician within the last 12 months. To work in the UK you will need an HSE divers medical
- Minimum age 18 years old
Cost £399 plus Dive Master crew Pack RRP £256.97
Category Go Pro